Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We Did It! Wednesday~~Nascar Practice


Welcome to We Did It! Wednesday!

I host this meme/carnival, and it's purpose is to promote quality time with our children and grandchildren, and to share ideas with each other of fun and interesting things to do with them.

So come on, and get those pictures of your fun outings, projects etc. with your beloved offspring and grandchildren up in a post and share with us!!



One of Madison's favorite things to do is go to the Bud Shootout race at Daytona Intl. Speedway right here in central FL. Well, our source for discounted tickets dried up, so we opted to just go watch them take some practice runs last Friday. (far less expensive)



It was a beautiful day at the track...Clear blue skies, but a wind that drove the chilly air right through our jackets!! Most of Florida had freezing weather last week!!


Here we are settled in, trying to stay warm...and well, you can see how many other people are...NOT THERE! Wonder why?? BRRRRR!!!




Had to throw this in...my favorite driver Tony Stewart!!






We love the roar of the engines as they go by at speeds reaching almost 200 mph; something everyone should see at least once in their lives!! Maddy can't get enough of it!!


Sunset at the track...you know what that means...Yep-it just gets colder!!!


Us trying desperately to stay warm! Daddy went to the car to get his big coat for Maddy and me to share!! What a great guy...that's no short walk!!


Aaawww...he brought us hot chocolate, too!! 30 years later and he is just as loving as ever!


He also brought back some of his hunting camo. (I said I'd never wear camo in the stands) Guess I spoke too soon!! Maddy got the hat! I got the gloves!! (and we were both very thankful!!!)


He had to catch me one last time, all bundled up, tired, and chilled to the bone!!
My nose only gets red when I cry and when I'm freezing my tushy off!!

In spite of the cold, we had a wonderful time full of excitement and laughter!!

Let us see what you've been doing!!


JOIN IN NOW!!!

Just leave a comment on this post and I will add your name and a link to your post!! C'mon...you know you want to!!

***Please go visit these other participants. Just click on their name!

1. Sue
2. Edie
3. You're next!!!


Blessings,
Becky

19 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of you and Maddy. And you make that camo look absolutely lovely! Looks like you had a great time & hubby is a good man!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What really nice pictures. We love nascar racing at our house as well. I would have loved to have been there right beside the three of you.

    Our favorite track so far is Talladega. We are hopefully going again this October or November again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, it looks like you had fun inspite of the cold. Those kinds of days you remember all your life. I'm sure Maddy will. I know I look back a really cold camp outs at the Oregon Coast (it gets really cold there) with such fond memories of my folks putting us in so many layers of clothes that we could hardly bend our legs! We always had a blast inspite of the weather:) Have lovely Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of you and Maddy at the track. What great memories you are creating and having FUN and being such a good sport (love the camo!) in the process!

    Blessings to you today,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought that Florida was always sunny and hot! I now know I was deadly wrong! It seems that we both had some cars moments lately!
    Gracie at http://mylittleplace.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun in spite of the cold! And what a sweet hubby and dad to help warm up his girls! Though I have a sweet hubby, too, my kids and grandson live far away, so don't get to see them as often as I would like.:( Trying to get them involved in the blogging world, though. We'll see. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky!!!! HOOTY HOOOO! I just got your package in the mail. You should get it Tuesday!

    I am not a huge daytona or nascar girl. I actually like to drive!! My husband gave me a day at the track one year for my birthday and I got to drive a formula one ... on the track!!! It was incredible!! This looks like it was a super fun day. : )
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pic's of you and Maddy!
    You are soooo beautiful!
    Just a note to tell you that you have a valentine at my blog. Pick it up anytime.
    Happy day to ya Miss Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky! I thoroughly enjoyed spending the day at NASCAR with you! WooHoo! I've never been to NASCAR races but I used to love going to the stock car races when I lived in California.

    You and Maddy are both adorable even if you are freezing your tushies off. LOL! I would have a hard time with that part too. Yay to your knight in shining armor (or is that camo) for bringing you hot chocolate.

    I have an older post I'm going to link to of a project my grandaughters made over here. And don't worry, we'll get Mr Linky working for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky! Here's one that I posted not too long ago that got a lot of response. Only if you want to link to it. I know it's kind of late in the day now. :)

    http://richgifts.blogspot.com/2009/01/memory-verses-and-rewards.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of fun. My family would have loved to join you all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Becky! Great post! I love the pictures of you and Maddy and your husband who takes such good care of you:)

    I know that Maddy will tuck this day back in her heart and bring it out for sweet memories and smiles for the rest of her life.

    My 17 yr old daughter (my only one!) and I had a ball at Walmart last night--does that count? (I didn't get pictures:) It was 55 degress here yesterday and we sooo enjoyed it:)

    I treasure these days, because I know this precious time with her at home is so short now.

    Hope you got thawed out!

    Blessings,
    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you all had a great time,even though you had to brave the cold temps.Great pictures of you and Maddy and your wonderful husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe my comment didn't show up!!! I wonder if this has happened before? Anyway, I commented yesterday on how much I love the pictures!! It reminded me of how my son and I used to wrap ourselves up watching my daughter in her marching band competitions. And for some reason her school was usually one of the last ones to compete, but we had to be there when it all started and would wait for 3 hours or so sitting in the stands freezing!!
    Didn't realize you could share something like this, thought it was just your craftiness! Which I never have time for. Will think of something to participate next Wednesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky
    It's not too late to join in thankful Thursday today. I'm happy that you want to join in and I'll add your name to the list right now.
    My husband is a big NASCAR fan too! Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun time you had together! I am not sure what I would post for a We did it post. Both of my kids live out of state, one of them in your state. Which is also where my granddaughter is. Waahhhh.....I guess if I hang out with my nieces or nephew sometime I guess that would count.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your little articles of things going on in your life especially about your ideas of ways to organize and compartmentalize the clutter. Boy! do I EVER need that. I would like to be added to your list of followers so this would just come to my inbox. Best wishes to you and yours. Kimi from Nash.TN.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband is such a wanna be nascar driver..LOL. I will have to show him these pics...he will definitely be drooling,,lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!