Monday, April 27, 2009

JOY For Our Journey~~A Clean Slate!!

Happee Monday, Sweeties!!


Isn't this lovely??
It is a clean slate, and it is what God blessed
me with last night!! Here's my story!!


Last night I was thinking and asking
God what the focus of today's "joy" post should be.

Well...He answered me in a way I didn't expect.

I have had some, let's say "stuff" , that I have been
toting around on my back for awhile now.
"Stuff " that tends to weigh me down, and that
I have allowed to just suck some of the
joy out of my days.
He gently let me know that it was time to let it go.

That's it??!!
"Just let it go!!"
Just like that??!!

"Yes, Becky, just like that!!"
I have been praying about this stuff
for awhile now
feeling no real direction and now it's...

Just let it go??!!
"Again, yes Becky...it is in the past.
Trust me and press forward leaving
this behind."
Ah-ha...now I have a scripture to go along with
His desire for me...

Phillipians 3:13-14

Brethren, I do not count myself to have
apprehended; but one thing I do,
forgetting those things which are behind
and reaching forward to those
things which are ahead,
I press toward the goal for the prize
of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Paul did it...he left behind anything
and everything that encumbered him, and that
might have kept him from living
his life fully for Christ.

You see, God knows me so very well.
He knows that there are many things
I have deeply desired to accomplish that I have
been utterly fumbling through, because this
"stuff" has been draining me.

So, I have done my part.

By an act of my own will I have chosen to
leave it all behind me, and not to let any
of the "stuff" cause me to
fumble any longer.

God has done His part and has supernaturally
wiped my slate clean. YAY!!! I feel strong, uplifted,
refreshed and totally in awe of His loving care
for me.



Now that doesn't mean that the adversary won't
still try to bring it back up, so I already have
two things prepared for him in that event!!

First,

Phillipians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true,
whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just,
whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely,
whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue
and if there is anything praiseworthy,
meditate on these things.

And next a little saying that has helped
me before...

If Satan reminds you of things that are in the past,
REMIND HIM OF HIS FUTURE!!

Dear Sweeties,

Pullleeaasse, let the past be the past, and don't
allow yourself to be robbed of your joy by carrying
around a bunch of "stuff" that should be
left behind.

God will help you clean your slate, too,
and
you will be amazed at how FREE you feel!!

I thank each and every one of you who have
prayed for me. I wholeheartedly believe
this is an answer to those prayers.



**If I can ever pray for any of you, please
feel free to email me at
holidayinthesun_1@yahoo.com
Of course, you can count on complete confidentiality.

Hugs and Holy Kisses,

Becky

23 comments:

  1. Becky,
    Awesome scripture from His Word, very inspiring thoughts. I think all of us have stuff, that we don't want to recognize or deal with in our lives. thank you for reminding me that I need to deal with this Stuff and let it go and to look ahead. Great Post.
    Have a great Monday.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and something I think many Christians struggle with...letting go of what God has forgiven them of!!! Love that scripture, we focused on that yesterday in church. I had to memorize Phil.4:8 as a little girl and it has stayed with me all these many years, BUT I never truly understood it until a few years ago. I love the verses that come before it as well. Enjoyed your post tremendously!!! Hope your Monday is joyful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the beautiful scripture! Paul is my favorite apostle - he was just awesome!

    Why is it that almighty God can forgive and move on but we can't forgive ourselves? I guess it's just one of Satan's strongholds that we must overcome.

    Blessings,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweet friend, I loved this post-it is true for all of us all the time. I made a conscious decision years ago to not mention or think on things that were wrongs which caused me to stumble. I forgave the person and let it go...not that from time to time I don't recall but now it has no power over me for the blood set me free.
    Know you are in my heart today!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to know that god is working in your life in such lovely ways. I am glad you are freed of the thoughts burdening you. My pastor often tells us to take a rock and write down what is bothering you and toss it. Just get rid of it and let it be. Sounds like you did the same. Many happy thoughts for your Monday. Much love to you Becky.

    Thinking of you often - Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly wonderful post. I am having problems on my blog right now and this is just the message I needed, thank you so much!

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have no idea what blessing this is for me today, Becky. I have learned in the last few months from a very dear friend that it is all in the timing. That what happens and when is decided by Him - whether we like it or not, and sometimes we do not like it at all. But it must feel amazing to reach a place where you feel you have that closure. Love and blessings to you now and always Becky, and thank you again. You have no idea how much x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Becky! That is exactly what I needed to hear! I woke up last night worry about things in the past and your post has helped me with that. The Phillipians 4:8 verse was just perfect for me. Have blessed day! Love, Elena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you...this was so good!
    And I have to compliment you on the beautiful "Welcome" nest on your blog...that is from the painting "Birds Nest and Fruit" by William Hughes! It is one of my most, absolutely, simply wonderfully, favoritest paintings!!!!!
    Bless you!
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky, as always you have gotten straight to the heart of the matter. Thank you for the reminder. Thank you for your openness and love. Blessings to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. That was what I needed. How did you know? :) Thank you for sharing from your private times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear, Sweet Becky!
    You are SO precious!!!
    I needed this post!!!
    I'm praising God for wiping your slate clean and believing He's doing the same for me right now!
    Love and Hugs to you,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this post that goes straight to my heart, Becky. I have be reminded to "unload" often. I don't know why we hold on to this stuff.

    I have always loved this song and it reminds me to let it go and "travel light". Still working on it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hgnsMg4z2I

    The Phillipians verses also just help me clear my head- I just feel a peace when I read through those.

    Thanks for putting God's Word out there again, Becky, for us to take ahold of and put in our heart:)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sent you an email thought, Becky. Thank you for your post.

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this post.. I suppose we all have "stuff" we carry around
    when all we need to do is Let It Go

    I shall do it!!

    fondly, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky I just LOVE YOU!!!

    What a wonderful and timely post... OCD want's to rear it head up at me from time to time... I know what sets it off... and there is a lot of forgiveness of the "past" that needs to happen... I am working on it!!!

    I also wanted to stop by and let you know I have a couple of awards for you on my blog....

    Hugs and All My Best!!!

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a wondeful uplifting post Becky, I see too many people who can't enjoy life because of not letting go of the past, this can also be true of regretting projects not finished , thanks so much for visiting with me today
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have that quote from teh Phillipians 4:8 that my sister gave me, and it's one of my favorites.
    I was smiling as I was reading your post as my sisters and Mom were just talking about "stuff" in a materialistic way, and acknowleding we have enough "stuff" and don't need anymore "stuff" and now make it a mission for gift giving times for gifts to create memories...or something homemade that can be treasured. I like your idea of clearing the slate, and I truly believe the more that we are grateful and give thanks for what we have that the stuff you're talking about fades away as we focus on all the good God has blessed each and everyone of us with with! Like new BFF's that live in Florida!

    Smiles and Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What insight and great use of God's WORD,dear Becky...this sure is a PROCESS isn't it....sometimes I feel like I take 2 steps forward and then 1 step back...I am so thankful for women who love God and want to be what HE wants them to be..like you...and your sharing with us, dear friend
    deby

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect post for me today! Thank you Becky!! These are two of my favorite verses, so much so, that reading them makes me a little weepy. These are such encouraging words and I need to hear them over and over. I tend to carry those heavy loads from the past and let them drag me down. Sometimes letting go is the hardest thing . . . but the right thing. I love the image of the blank slate - such a gift from God - let's choose to fill it with beautiful and wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Becky, I needed this encouragement today, and I really appreciate this post SO much. Thank you. You are a sweetie...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hopped over from Joy of 8 and I just wanted to let you know you were an encouragement to me today~ Thanks for sharing.

    ~Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!