Monday, April 6, 2009

JOY For Our Journey

TOP O' THE MORNING TO YOU, SWEETIES!!

As some of you may already know, I am one of those
sometimes annoying "The glass is half-full" type of people.
I prefer to look at things through the eyes of optimism,
and hope for the best.

One thing that really helps us do this when our circumstances
may be quite overwhelming and burdening is to...



COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!!

"Can it really be that simple?", you say.
And I answer with a resounding YES!!!

You see, I believe something supernatural...no not
like the do-do-do-do twilight zone or ghosts and such,
but
something divinely supernatural happens when
we thank God for all of His many blessings.

We cannot...I repeat cannot focus on ourselves and
our difficult situations when our hearts, minds and mouths
are full of thanks and praise!!!

Not sure I know what I'm talking about...
well then just try it!!

Our hearts become softened, our burdens seem lighter,
and our spirits are given a lift.

Now for those who want an extra shot of hope and joy
read or sing this:

Count your blessings name them one by one

Count your blessings see what God has done

Count your blessings...name them one by one...

Count your many blessings see what God has done!!


Go ahead...start counting!!

Later today, I'm celebrating Lady Katherine's Birthday
with my version of a tea party!!

Love 'n Hugs,
Becky

15 comments:

  1. Thanks Becky for reminding us to stop and take a breath. I should do it more often. Have a great day dear! :)

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post. It seems that I worry first, pray later when I should be praying first.

    ps "The Worm" is still out there....I just finished reloading my brother's computer...he had several trojans visit him early yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Counting a my blessing and girl you are definitely one of them!!!

    Have a wonderful day!!
    Hugs~T

    by the way did you get my e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent post to remind us all to look at this life in a positive way...I am blessed.

    Have a Wonderful Day
    From Roberta Anne --
    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome post...I was singing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Becky. Doesn't it make a difference - for the better - in every party of life when we can see the BEST rather than the worst?!
    xo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a bowl of cherries. Every time I read your posts I am uplifted. Did I mention before how much I enjoy your background.??... Yellow is my favorite color. Enjoy your day/week Becky and I am counting my blessings today including you.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liked the cheerful post. You're right. Sometimes it seems like that's something a little hard to do sometimes, but it does make life so much easier to bear. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this song! I guess that's why I like you so much...we both see life as half full and make the best of our daily situations! Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky,
    You are absolutely right! I try to start off each and everyday thanking God for all the blessings we have, and end each night the same way too! The days I don't, I usually hear about some poor unfortunate soul who has a difficult situation far, far worse than anything I'm dealing with. I feel it's God's gentle reminder to count my blessings. When you have gratitute for all that you have in life, you can't help but be filled with joy.
    I'll take living life joyously any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WE are such kindred spirits, you and I. Every morning when I awake I begin praising the Father for a new day. I also thank Him for you my faithful sister and the bond we share.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful, uplifting post! A reminder to be thankful for those things and people that make our lives a better place - and to that end, I count you, dear sweet Becky, as a true blessing - to me and my family. Your kind heart, your ready Faith, your inspirational words, and your quiet prayers. For this, and for so much more, thank you.

    Prayers to you and all your family sweet Becky for Holy Week,

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Becky, I always loved that song! And I'll join you in that count your blessings event! Jesus is the #1!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Someone told me a few weeks ago that 'God is more concerned with our PRAISE than with our PRAYERS', because in PRAISING Him our PRAYERS are more focused on HIM.

    Thank you for the reminder. I am encouraged each time I visit you and am so blessed to have made your aquaintance. You are a unique and special gift, dear Becky.

    Blessings to you today and love from the NW corner.
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post is a wonderful reminder--thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!