Friday, January 16, 2009

My Favorite Breakfast!

The other day Lois at Walking on Sunshine had me drooling over her quiche. So I just had to make my favorite breakfast in hopes of making her drool! (not really! I just wanted it real bad!!)
They used to make it at this local diner. I don't have an exact recipe. Maybe one potato and 2 eggs per person??!! Sounds good to me!!

This is what you NEED! Eggs, left over baked potatoes, or freshly microwaved potatoes, grated cheddar cheese, and a little butter.




Slice 1/2" pieces across the potato, and 1/4 them. Melt 2 T butter in pan, and add potatoes




Cook turning them, until they are yummilicious golden brown.



Remove from skillet to plate and sprinkle a small amount of cheese over them.

Scramble eggs and cook to your liking. I prefer them with a very slight gloss. Put them on top of the potatoes, and sprinkle remainder of cheese. I top them with real bacon bits and chopped scallions if I have them, and a dash of black pepper. Mmm Mmm good! (and it was)


I 'll catch up with ya'll on Sunday! We're going out of town for a couple of days. My first hunt with my hubby!! (I'll probably hunt with my camera! ;o)
Have a good one!!
Blessings,
Becky

13 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time! When you get back, check The Muse at her blog "A Diva's Hammer or something like that. You can click on her pic in my followers list to find her. Read the comments on her Jan 16th post. I used your blog name in her challenge. I was like comment #41 on that post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this looks so good!

    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm drooling! I had a very healthy, diet breakfast and now all I want are eggs and potatoes! Looks very good! Love the pictures of how you prepared everything. Enjoy your weekend with hubby!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm drooling! I had a very healthy, diet breakfast and now all I want are eggs and potatoes! Looks very good! Love the pictures of how you prepared everything. Enjoy your weekend with hubby!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your breakfast looks delicious! I hope you have a good time hunting with your hubby. Mine took me a few times before Christmas and I had a blast *no pun intended* lol!

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Oh and thank you for your prayers this week!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My... I am going to have to make that for Hubby he will go nuts over it!!!! You make it look so easy too, now let see if I can just make it turn out half as good...

    Thanks for sharing

    Just A Gal...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, When you get back in town, I want to place my order! Yummy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really good. I like a big breakfast.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a surprise to read your post!! When we were little my Mum used to make something very like this on a Sunday morning with the leftover potatoes from Saturday evening's dinner. She also added chopped ham to it - and we called it HopplePopple!! I have no idea why!! Talk about taking me back in time!! Really wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becky,

    Thanks for that yummy recipe. I will definitely give that one a try. Can't wait to hear and see more about your Hunt with Hubby.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning, Becky!

    This looks delicious! Yum!

    I am tagging you for a picture meme:)Come by and see:))

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Cutie,

    Hope you stayed warm and made some awesome memories. Thanks for the encouragement and little "gifties."
    Let's do breakfas this week!

    Blessings, Jess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!