Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gatorscape!!

So, I guess you can see my fall centerpiece is somewhat different than earlier photos!! This is my "Gator Wrangler's" idea of a real fall centerpiece!! This is what's left of the 10 1/2 foot gator he got a few weeks back. We're now the proud owners!! YAY!! Can you just feel all of my enthusiasm??

The big question is hmmm... what do we do with it now??? It fits in so well with everything on the table, should we just leave it here?



What a wonderful presentation it would be to use it as a platter for the turkey!! We could just carve it and sit it in his mouth!!

Or maybe we should put it here, over the fireplace. C'mon girls !! I need some help here!! I've never had to fit a gator head into my decor before!!

What about here on the table next to "HIS" side of the bed??? Well, this is life with a hunter/gator wrangler/fisherman and after 29 years, I wouldn't haven't any different!!
It certainly is quite a conversation piece to say the least!! Hope it made you smile!!

The rest of the week is going to be crazy getting ready to leave and working on a fundraising banquet, so I probably won't be posting until we return.
May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with the love and joy of your family and praise to God for all of your many blessings!!


5 comments:

  1. I say, leave it out on the front porch! You have grace from God to have it on your dinning room table! Have a safe trip, thank you so much for following my blog, I need to add yours to my blog list and if you ever have followers posted...I'm there!! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE GATOR IS DEFINITLY AN UNUSUAL CENTERPIECE. I KNOW SEVERAL DEANIE'S BUT ACTUALLY MY NAME IS DENA. DEANIE IS JUST A NICKNAME. I HAVE HAD SEVERAL PEOPLE NAMED AFTER ME. BLESSNGS, DEANIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what to do with a gator. It definitely makes for an interesting centerpiece. Some might find it downright scary. Have a wonderful trip! I will be looking forward to your posts about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny, loved the fruit in it's mouth.
    Hope you are able to find a proper
    place for it. I'd be thinking
    the garage or his office at work.
    The front porch could be good too,
    it could scare off any salesman
    and just about anyone else too. ha
    Since yo are so friendly that probably wouldn't be a good place
    for it!!
    Happy thanksgiving, hope you all have a Grand time in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winner of the Give Thanks Give-away at Birthday Cake For Breakfast has been posted!!

    Thank you all for joining in the fun!

    Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!