Monday, November 10, 2008

My Mom has been on my heart a lot lately. In 2004 her time on earth lapsed. Her journey here ended and she passed with unspeakable joy into the presence of the Glory of the Most High God, joining the multitude before Him singing praises to His name. Oh how I miss her. She was my close confidant, constant cheerleader, and the Mom of all Moms. In the photo is a picture of her in her youth; beautiful, vibrant, full of life. She lived a full life and loved well. Oh the joy when we meet again! The other photo is of my great grandmother...Mother Fannie. My mother gave me Mother Fannie's engagement ring when she (my Mom) was in the early stages of Alzheimers; a gift I treasure deeply and wear constantly. I tried to take a pic of the ring, but the nearly flawless diamond always caught the light of the flash. Mother Fannie is in her wedding dress (the year is 1907) which won a special award at the World's Fair. The photo is trimmed on the corners with lace from her dress.

The little box is from my hubby's grandma and is quite old. I keep the figurines my Mom gave me when each one of my daughters was born in it. Ladies, if your Mom is still here with you, call her, write her or give her a hug and let her know how much you love her. You'll be glad you did!!



Here is a bigger shot of Mother Fannie in her wedding dress. Her engagement ring is in the forefront, though not very clearly pictured.



This is a vintage look card I made last night. I have to say it is my favorite card to date. It just went with the other things in the picture. Making cards is a current favorite pastime.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting and for leaving such a lovely comment!

    This post of yours really spoke to me as I lost my mother-in-law two weeks ago, after a short illness. At times like these you truly realize what is important.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marja, I am so sorry. I will pray for God's peace and comfort to cover you like a warm blanket.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful memories you have of your mother and grandmother, not to mention the pictures! Thanks for sharing on my blog and relating to my grief. I truly believe it was because we were raised not to grieve as those who have no hope, because our loved ones in heaven that I'm having such a hard time. But grief is grief and losing someone so close to you is hard. On another note, I love your pumpkins...did you make them yourself? I know one your husband did, what talent! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'll be back here often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some JOY!
You're a blessing to me!